Teen Leadership Program
New this summer, replacing our CIT program.
*This program is currently FULL, if you would like to be on a wait list please call the front desk at 727-518-3728.
Summer 2020 is bringing NEW opportunities for teens to volunteer, build confidence, learn responsibility and develop skills to prepare them for future endeavors. The Teen Leadership Program is a volunteer opportunity for teens entering 8th-12th grade. Your commitment will include completing a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks, morning, afternoon or both, with the Belleair Parks and Recreation Summer Camp Program.
Required Program Packet Includes:
1. Program Application
2. Activity Waiver signed by legal guardian
3. Application Essay
4. Letter of recommendation from a non-family member
5. Applicants must schedule an interview upon submission of packet (*Applicants will be contacted to schedule and interview at a later date.)
A limited number of teens will be accepted this summer. If accepted to the program, there is a $35 Administration fee for the first three weeks. Requesting additional weeks may incur an additional fee and may not be granted. After the completion of all interviews, an e-mail will be sent to all applicants. For those accepted, it will include their assigned weeks and the mandatory training dates in May.
- Time Management
- Assist counselors with transitions to and from activities and rec locations
- Produce a short social media story reviewing a day in the life at camp
- Recreation Programming
- Run 3 group games during the week, with assistance from group counselor
- Leadership Challenges
- Challenges promoting leadership and team building
- Cash Handling
- Assist with the selling and distribution of snacks/lunch
- Public Speaking
- Assist with group and camp announcements for the day/week
- Camper Safety
- Secondary check-in and roll call for their assigned group
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>