The newly-merged Park, Recreation & Tree Board works closely with the Public Works, Parks & Recreation Department in several capacities. First, this group oversees the structure, plans, and beautification of public spaces in Town and seeks to preserve the natural aesthetics of Belleair as a Tree City USA. This board also works to promote recreational programs, activities, and events for residents of Belleair and of neighboring jurisdictions. Lastly, the Park, Recreation & Tree Board may make any recommendations directly to the Town Commission relative to strategic, short, and long-range plans for the Town of Belleair.
The Park, Recreation & Tree Board consists of seven members and is comprised of citizens from various professional backgrounds.
- Term of office: Two years, staggered
- Staff: Bobby Yevich, Director of Parks & Recreation
The current Park, Recreation & Tree Board members are listed below.
- Scott Coletti - Chair (serving since 2013)
- Karla Rettstatt - Vice Chair (serving since 2021)
- Sara Borger (serving since 2017)
- Lissa Dexter (serving since 2022)
- Kathy Hefele (serving since 2021)
- Greg Savel (serving since 2013)
- Belleair Teen Council designee