Palmetto Roadway Project
Palmetto Roadway Project Blog
Thursday, August 29, 2019
Work on the Palmetto Roadway Project has begun and equipment has been staged in the area. The road is still open for through traffic at this time. The contractor recently began replacing water mains at north end of the Palmetto Roadway Project between (1) Orlando Road and Sarasota Road and (2) Sarasota Road and Ocala Road. This work will continue over the next several weeks.
The Palmetto Roadway Project includes Palmetto Road from Manatee Road to Ocala Road. This project is expected to begin in July of 2019 and be completed in the winter of 2020. Information on the Palmetto Roadway Project, including progress reports, images, or other updates will be posted here in a blog format throughout the project.
If you have any questions or concerns that are not addressed on this page, please email us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.
The Palmetto Roadway Project consists of a full-scale reconstruction of drainage and roadway systems within project limits. Between now and the completion of construction, the following tasks will be completed.
- Existing curbs, asphalt, road base, and road sub-base will be removed and all new materials will be installed
- New water mains and service connections will be installed and the old system will be removed
- Underdrain will be installed to collect groundwater
- The existing storm collection system will be removed and a new system will be installed
- New fire hydrants will be installed
- Existing street lights will be removed during construction and then reinstalled with new conduit and wiring
- Near project completion, segments on Orlando Road, Sarasota Road, and Ocala Road between Palmetto Road and Ponce de Leon Boulevard will be re-paved. No trees will be removed in these segments.
Staff has collected several frequent questions and answers for you. As always, if you have a question that is not listed below, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.
- Are the trees in the project area going to be removed? Yes, trees located in the area between sidewalks and curbs will be removed. There are currently no replacement plans
- What should I do if my irrigation system is damaged from the project? Staff is advising one-on-one irrigation inspections prior to the start of construction to ensure proper operation and location of irrigation heads. If any damage should occur within project limits as a result of construction, please report the damage as soon as possible to either the contractor or to email@example.com.
- Are the sidewalks going to be replaced? Sidewalks will be replaced on an as-needed basis during the project. Any current sidewalk sections that are damaged will be repaired or replaced.
- How will solid waste and recycling pickup continue within construction zones? The contractor is responsible for taking containers from your curb over to an area nearby for solid waste and recycling pickup and for returning the containers to your driveway following disposal. Your regular collection schedule will apply throughout the project.