Emergency Preparedness Links
- 2022 Hurricane Preparedness Guide: This link leads to fantastic and all-encompassing hurricane preparedness documents that Pinellas County publishes each year.
- Evacuation Level Lookup: Enter your address and you will be provided information on not only your evacuation level, but also the closest shelter, the closest special needs shelter, and the closest hotel accommodations
- Pinellas County Emergency Management: This link provides access to Pinellas County’s Emergency Management website, with information about special needs registration, shelter information, safety tips, and more.
- Pinellas County Emergency Shelters: In the case of a hurricane, the Town of Belleair does not offer any shelters in Town limits. Rather, Pinellas County coordinates all shelter options.
- Pinellas County Hurricane Guide: This document is prepared by the Pinellas County Emergency Management staff
- Hurricane Categories Video: This video showcases the differences in impact for each category of hurricane
- Prepare for Emergencies, Seniors: This American Red Cross page specifies the recommended steps for senior citizens to take in case of an emergency weather event
- General Pet Care, Disaster Preparedness: In this link, the ASPCA outlines steps to be taken to ensure pet safety in case of evacuation and/or an emergency event
2018 Hurricane Symposium Video Footage
On Monday, April 23, 2018, the Town of Belleair joined with the City of Belleair Bluffs to host "Sheltering in Place: A Hurricane Awareness Symposium." The below video footage was recorded at that event edited by Pinellas County Marketing and Communications. Transcripts to this video shall be made available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.