The Finance Department encompasses all accounting, purchasing, and utility billing and treasury activities within the town including:
- Accounts payable
- Cash disbursements
- Custody and recording of revenues accruing to the town
- Investment activities
- Maintenance and operation of the computerized financial records system
- Financial reporting
- Payroll operations
- Review of the financial activities of town functions
- Utility Billing
The department is ultimately responsible for ensuring that accounting transactions are properly recorded and maintaining all official accounting records. At the end of the fiscal year the Finance department generates the town's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). The department is a proud, 28-time recipient of the the Government Finance Officers' Association award for excellence in financial reporting. To request a copy of a Town of Belleair CAFR, please contact Christine Torok, Town Clerk, at (727) 588-3769 x 312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Finance Department is also responsible for the development of the town’s annual budget, which, in agreement with the Finance Board, is ultimately approved by the commission. Finance also supports other departments in facilitating the purchasing process. The Town is now using Onvia DemandStar in addition to the town website to post bid solicitations.
- 2018-19 Annual Operating Budget (current):
- 2017-18 Budget Package:
- Click here for the PDF version of this document
- ADA accessible PDF and HTML versions of this document are coming soon!
- 2016-17 Annual Operating Budget:
- 2015-16 Annual Operating Budget: