Solid Waste Department
The Solid Waste Department, headed by Wilfred Holmes, is responsible for operating and maintaining the Town’s solid waste collection and disposal of refuse, yard waste, and recyclable materials for residential as well as commercial customers in Belleair.
Quick Facts About Solid Waste Service Delivery
A few tips and reminders on Belleair solid waste collection are provided below.
- Household refuse is collected at the curbside of residences and must be containerized (front or side yard pickup is available for an additional fee).
- Yard waste is collected at the curb and must be containerized or bundled.
- Recyclable materials are collected at the curb in special single-stream recycling containers.
- Collection days are scheduled by location. Refuse and yard waste are collected twice per week on Mondays and Thursdays, or Tuesdays and Fridays, per our two solid waste collection routes.
- Recyclables are collected once per week on Thursdays. In addition, the town operates a recycling drop-off center at 1075 Ponce De Leon Boulevard.
- Large piles of debris and appliances called special pickups are picked up only on Wednesdays for a minimum charge. Please contact the Solid Waste Department to schedule a special pickup.
- Generally, the Solid Waste Department observes all national holidays and resumes service on the following business day. You can view our current year holiday schedule by visiting our Trash & Recycling Collection Schedule web page and then clicking on the current year holiday schedule.